Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beautiful Day!

We've had insane amounts of rain and a completely unnecessary slew of gloomy days. Yesterday and today have been absolutely wonderful. Nothing gets done inside, but we have so much fun outside. I hope and pray this stays for a little while longer.

Last night Wyatt sarinaded us at all hours of the night. Needless to say we (John, Justin, and I) were NOT happy with him. I don't think either of us got more than 2-3 hours of sleep. ANYWAY, all that resentment (I know....silly right?....resenting a baby.....) melted away when I found him like this......:

Is he not the cutest kid ever?! I mean, the cross-eyed-drool-dripping hat tip is priceless!! Who does that?!!!

And then of course there is Yvette. I sat there with the camera wanting a cute smile as she plays. "Yvette, can you please look at mom and smile?" The response, "CHEESE!" as she continues to look at what she was doing. No hint of any possibility of looking at me. "Yvette, please show me a pretty smile." "MOM, I'm busy." Enough said. I'll take what I can get. Wasn't going to ruin the moment with a power trip and lecture on following directions. We had fun anyway. ;-)

Hayden. He was just so excited to be outside he just had to hit something. Really?, he is such a boy. Shovel in hand and a couple practice wind ups, he decides the tree branches were going to be his victims. I don't think they minded. It was actually funny to watch.

No comments: